Expert Consulting from the Excel Experts
We provide the most cost-effective solution to all those hours wasted when you reach the limit of your Excel knowledge.
When you come to us with a spreadsheet problem, we will try to see how our solution will fit into your bigger picture. Although we specialize in Excel development and coding, we provide Excel consulting as well as programming.
Our Excel experts have worked with companies of all sizes, across all industries. If you are unsure exactly what you want, they will make suggestions based on their experience with a wealth of companies. Our consultants have worked for a wide variety of businesses and industries and can use their skills to help you with your Excel problem. For more details on how we can help you, please select your general business area at the bottom right of this page or get a FREE QUOTE for your Excel problem.
HOW CAN AN EXCEL CONSULTANT HELP ME?
There are three main reasons why you would look to engage our services:
1. You need to create an easy-to-use spreadsheet. The problem with Excel is that it is so powerful that most users are constantly expanding their knowledge. The problem is that even though you can create something that works, your colleagues may not be as comfortable using it. This becomes more of an issue if you’re creating e.g. a timesheet for a number of employees. Although, in theory, an Excel spreadsheet would save everyone a lot of time, you will only see results if the solution is both intuitive and robust.
2. You need to create a bespoke spreadsheet. Excel understands much about how your business operates. It knows how to count working days. However, it doesn’t know how to construct a pricing template for a roofing contractor. The reason for this is that every business operates in its own way. How many different labor rates do you use? What different types of contingency do you include? A specialist can provide a solution tailored to your individual needs.
3. You are trying to create an accessible database. Sometimes the amount of data being stored in a spreadsheet becomes overwhelming and you begin to lose track of where it’s all coming from, let alone how you wish to process it. Occasionally you will find you have exceeded Excel’s limits and should instead be using a purpose built database. More often than not though, a database solution would cost more and require additional user training.
The reason our consultants will be able to come up with the best solution to your problems will be because they know the software inside-out. More often that not, they will have to use their programming skills to write macros. These are small Visual Basic (VBA) scripts embedded within Excel that can automate any of Excel’s normal functions.
At a basic level, macros could be deployed to highlight the refunds on a 10000 line sales report in a couple of seconds, they can allocate data to the correct tab within a spreadsheet as it is entered and a host of other tasks. At an advanced level, they can be used to create something very similar to this website e.g. you can navigate it by single clicks but there’s a lot of important work going on in the background.
It’s also worth explaining how we operate. We do not believe in charging you for every minute we spend on your project. Chances are you have a budget and want to know if we can give you what you need at the price you need it. So instead we talk through your requirements and tell you how much we will charge for the work. That way you can make an informed decision on whether we are worth employing.
There may be occasions when you wish to work on a consultative basis. Excel4Business has an hourly rate that we use when pricing up a project, so we can offer this more flexible service. We often move to this system for established clients.
If you are browsing our site, chances are that that our Excel consultants can help you to use the software more efficiently. Therefore we are happy to offer a free consultation when you request a quote.
- “I wanted to tell you how much I’ve enjoyed working on this project with you. Everyone loves this worksheet. Our pricing has never been so standardized.”
Julie Hui, Chief Financial Officer of Pumpman Inc.
- “I AM IN AWE!!!! This is a dream come true when it comes to tenant reporting! Absolutely beautiful…if an Excel file can be beautiful!”
Dawn Rowan, Zaremba Group, on our tenant database system